Benefits of Babywearing
Babywearing takes our babies back to their safe place- reminding them that we are home, their little bodies pressed up against ours, the beat of our heart right alongside theirs. With babywearing, love carries on.
benefits of Babywearing
- Strengthens the bond between parent and baby, as you maintain a closeness throughout your day, especially during the "4th trimester."
- Aids in baby's development, both physically and emotionally, including promoting early language development. And did you know that a carried baby is generally calmer thanks to all of her primal/survival needs being met?
- Decreases risk of SIDS and flat-head syndrome.
- Promotes neural development, respiratory and gastrointestinal health, and aids in balance.
- Lets moms discreetly breastfeed on the go.
- Boosts breast milk production due to close contact with baby.
- Allows caregivers to be "hands-free" to get stuff done while still holding baby.
- Promotes early language development. Babies learn by watching faces, and babywearing puts your little one at conversational height- "the best seat in the house."
- Allows parents to see more of the world through baby's eyes. And your babies get to discover their new world from the safety and comfort of your body.
- Fosters a closeness through toddlerhood. Toddlers can be worn too, reminding them of their "home base," and allowing that bond to continue as they grow.
- Fosters a close parent-child bond through toddlerhood. Toddlers can be worn too, reminding them of their "home base," and allowing that bond to continue as they grow.
We carry our babies for almost a year while pregnant. And while in utero they're warm and safe, our breaths and heartbeat their constant companions. But when baby is born, it's a whole new world for them (and us too!). Luckily, we can babywear, which brings our little ones right back to us. Babywearing gives both of us that closeness again, while also providing baby with numerous benefits to development, both physically and emotionally. We call the first few months after birth the "fourth trimester," and for good reason. Our little ones need us more than ever as they make the transition into this new, big world. And as an added bonus, our partners or caregivers can babywear too, allowing them to bond with baby in a new way, building a stronger bond between your child and the people who love her.
And really, a carried baby is a happy baby...and doesn't that make parents happy? The closeness stimulates a beneficial hormone production (Oxytocin), resulting in a more intimate parental bond. Babywearing also adds a whole new level of convenience to your day -- simply place your little one in the baby carrier and go! At Ergobaby, we believe babywearing is one of the single best things you can do for your family- and the best part is that it can be done anywhere, at anytime. It's amazing to know that we have the ability to positively impact so many areas in development through doing something that brings so much joy to everyone involved. Babywearing is a family affair, and having your partner wear your little one aids in developing a close relationship and deep bond between the two of them, as well.